Subject: RE: [Leica] FS Moving On
From: "Austin Franklin" <darkroom@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2002 13:36:40 -0400

Hi Gene,

For Leica users, there is one issue that digicams may drive you crazy
with...and that's lag.  It takes forever from when you press the shutter to
when it takes the picture...at least forever in my photography use...and I
tend to miss a lot of images, that would have been caught with a film
camera.  That's why I am not using digicams for any photographs that require
instantaneous shutter release.

Though they claim they have improved that on the high end digicams, and I
haven't tried the latest crop, the not even a year old cameras I've tried,
still had a very noticeable lag.

And...they aren't a rangefinder ;-)

Austin