Subject: Re. [Leica] New pics for critique/comments
From: Carl Pultz <cpultz@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 01 Oct 2002 16:55:38 -0400

Mark,

These portraits are very good.

http://www.leica-gallery.net/mark-pope/image-33837.html
http://www.leica-gallery.net/mark-pope/image-33838.html

On each the light is good, backgrounds unobtrusive and the compositions
have a restful harmony. But it's the pensiveness of both the child and the
man that holds my eye. If either were smiling, I don't think the other
elements would have worked as well. Having the farmer before his field, and
the crop just enough in focus to be recognized is perfect. The shot of the
child was a technical challenge that you pulled off with excellent control
and spontaneity.

Bravo!

Carl

Replies: Reply from "Mark Pope" <leica.user@ntlworld.com> (Re: Re. [Leica] New pics for critique/comments)