Subject: [Leica] Aperture No 168
From: Paul Hardy Carter <carterph@wanadoo.es>
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2002 15:17:26 +0200

The 50th anniversary Aperture dropped through the letterbox this morning. I haven't read most of it as yet - seems much wordier than the average issue - but some of the images are fabulous. Has anyone else seen it?

For what it's worth, the shots that stand out for me after the first look through are:

Ansel Adams, p15
Bruce Davidson, pp 22, 23
Sabastiäo Salgado, p24 (I know, I know, we've ALL seen this before, but even so...)
Raghubir Singh, p27
Maggie Stebber, p31 (One of the best in the collection)
Lee Miller, p39
W Eugene Smith, p57
Robert Mapplethorpe, p61
Mary Ellen Mark, p73 (But why, WHY, print the shot across the spine?!)
Garry Winogrand, p74
Ferdinando Scianna, p75

All in all, quite a pile of great pictures.

PHC.

Message from Lucien <director@ubi.edu> (Re: [Leica] quick lens poll.)