Subject: RE: [Leica] Viruses from the LUG?
From: "Tim Atherton" <tim@KairosPhoto.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2002 08:33:16 -0600

 think it very unlikely
> that James has
> anything at all to do with them. Don't know who Peter is. But it
> is obvious
> that some nutjob hacker is using our list to give some of us agita.

No, like all these virus', when someone gets infected it trawls through your
email and address book and picks bogus addresses at random and uses those as
it's sender address. And anyone who has a few hundred LUGmails piled up has
all those posters addresses for the virus to chose from. As Brian will no
doubt pop up and repeat - you won't catch a virus from the LUG itself, it's
virus free.

tim