Subject: Re: [Leica] Landscape images for critique/comment
From: Paul Hardy Carter <carterph@wanadoo.es>
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2002 21:15:38 +0200

At 18:37 +0100, 3/10/02, Mark Pope wrote:
>Hi Paul,
><snip>
>
>The SFX filter is a very deep red (almost opaque) filter.  It cuts out much
>of the visible light, only allowing dark red and infra-red radiation
>through.
<snip>

>Mark Pope
>Swindon Wilts, UK

Mark,

Thanks for that. Only question is, why bother with the SFX filter when the film is only going to react to IR anyway? I could understand that the SFX would give you a near IR look on a panchromatic film, but with film that is only sensitive to IR it seems like belt and braces. Or is it just to slow the film down?

- - PHC

Replies: Reply from Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch> (Re: [Leica] Landscape images for critique/comment)
Message from Paul Hardy Carter <carterph@wanadoo.es> (Re: [Leica] Landscape images for critique/comment)
Message from "Mark Pope" <leica.user@ntlworld.com> (Re: [Leica] Landscape images for critique/comment)