Subject: Re: [Leica] 3 questions
From: John Straus <Mail@SlideOne.com>
Date: Thu, 03 Oct 2002 18:58:17 -0500

on 10/3/02 6:18 PM, Wesson, Leo W at LWWesson@pier1.com wrote:

> 1)  Does anyone have any opinions on the Nikon Super Coolscan 4000 ED vs the
> Coolscan 4 ED?  Seems like these might be the best scanners, they also support
> OSX , which is important to me.  Do you think the 4000 is worth the extra $?

I have the LS-IV...If I buy another scanner I will not be getting a Nikon. I
hate the LED lightsource, it is very harsh. And the focus band is very
narrow so it's not very forgiving on curved slides or negs. Otherwise I
guess it's good...

>  Le Pichet was a great place to eat
Yeah, I was there last week, to bad we had breakfast on the last day we were
in Seattle...

- --
John Straus
Chicago, IL