Subject: RE: [Leica] OT: Virus stuff....
From: "Frank Filippone" <red735i@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2002 07:04:12 -0700

I think most of the point was missed.....   It is always proudent to have AV
software; never open attachments form those you do not know, etc...   This
prevents infection.   And if everyone did this, and the AV software were
perfect, it would stop the whole virus thing.  Life, unfortunately is not
that simple.

I receive 2-7 virus emails a day from people I may have had a correspondence
with once, maybe even 4-5 years ago.  I get emails from supposed companies
that complain I have sent an infected email to an employee of theirs with a
virus attached.  I supposedly even sent these emails when my computer was
shut off and I was on vacation... no computer at all.... so I know I am not
sending out viruses, nor am I infected....  But I do not know the condition
of your AV software, your religion on getting it updated ( mine is daily);
nor your religion about having my name in your address book.  I was trying
to stop the spread of the virus from your computer to mine.... this can only
be done by cutting down on the available and somewhat worthless addresses
you have on your computer.  If my address is not in your address book, you
will not send me an email with the virus attached.

Enough said.. please delete all address in your address book that you do not
need.  IF you do this, you can not spread a virus to "the deleted".

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net

Replies: Reply from "Duncan" <pilot@aviationmission.com> (Re: [Leica] OT: Virus stuff....)