Subject: [Leica] Some photos after an absence
From: Adam Bridge <abridge@idea-processing.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2002 16:02:24 -0700

I have finally gotten around to making a few images available in a more general
way.

You can see them at:

<http://homepage.mac.com/abridge/PhotoAlbum7.html>

The thumbnails may, for some reason, not render right but the larger images seem
to be okay.

FlowerPower1969 - comes from a Kodachrome slide I found in my dresser drawer. It
was taken the spring of, well, 1970 as it turns out, not '69 but whose counting
at THIS distance. I think the colors held up well. It was taken with my first
Leica, a III? I bought at Brooks Camera in San Francisco for $200 with lens. It
lasted until it fell overboard off PARCHE in Charleston, SC

Monsoon-storm - was taken Labor Day weekend in south-eastern Arizona. The light
was low and behind me. I stopped to take this picture because the telephone
poles and reflective road markings were glowing. This is Tri-X at 400 in XTOL.
It was my first or second run in the Jobo processor, done 1:3.

Coast - was taken at the mouth of the Thames River in Groton, Ct. I liked the
contrast in textures. Same processing etc as above.

Standing out - a 688i submarine stands out to sea on the Friday after Labor Day.
I don't know which one she was. It's difficult to photograph a black vessel and
reveal much. I'm not certain if this one is Tri-X or TCN and I don't have the
negative in front of me right now. Either an M6 with 90mm f2.8 or an R8 with
100mm APO.

I still have a lot to learn about how to process film in the Jobo and get the
contrast I want. Ah the joys of learning.

Suggestions and comments most appreciated.

Adam Bridge