Subject: Re: [Leica] 35mm Summicron Hoods
From: John Collier <jbcollier@shaw.ca>
Date: Tue, 08 Oct 2002 06:52:38 -0600

The nubs on the front of the hoods are different. The nubs on the 12524
hood are rounded as they are meant to provide a place to grip when
mounting the hood. They do not hold onto the Asph's hood cap very well.
The nubs on the 12526 have a sharp edge at the back for gripping the
hood cap (still not secure enough in my books). That is it. The shape
of the nubs is the only difference between the hoods.

John Collier