Subject: Re: [Leica] Tri-X/Xtol problems - an FYI
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@markrabiner.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2002 10:17:23 -0700

Daniel Ridings wrote:

> Mark,
> I use Neopan 400 in medium format. I've wondered about 35mm ... you seem
> to be pleased. What made you choose it? Is it easy to push? (Or do you
> skip that part and use Neopan 1600 instead).
>
> Daniel

I choose it because i was all balanced out for the older Delta 400 and
then they improved it claiming it was now a "pushable" film whose ASA
might easy really be 600 not 400. I did not like the sound of that for
some reason.
And to me "professional" film means its got a dull base for retouching.

Also I was very excited about the brand new Neopan Across 100 being my
"high Res" film which replaced Delta 100 as such.
And the film which was in my street camera all the time was and is
Neopan 1600.
So if i was using their 100 and 1600 why not retry their 400?
Well it's a little unclear as to if it is a flat grain film or not and
if I'm going to use an old fashioned round grained film I might as well
use Tri X.
But i tried it and liked it. Seemed to separate better than todays Tri X.
So now in terms of black and white I'm a lean mean green machine.

Neo Rabiner
Portland, Orepan USA
http://www.markrabiner.com