Subject: Re: [Leica] Noctilux to be Discontinued?
From: Dr.Alexander.Kraus@gmx.de
Date: Sun, 13 Oct 2002 12:12:19 +0200 (MEST)

> I heard a disturbing rumor at a local Leica dealer this morning that
> Leica was going to discontinue manufacturing the Noctilux shortly.
>
> Rather disturbing. Has anyone else heard this?
>
> Regards,

Well, maybe Leica is going to discontinue the old Noctilux and the old
Summilux alltogether (in my eyes they are overdue) and replace them with ONE new
lens that is as fast as the Noctilux (or probably f:1.2) but has a much better
performance than both current lenses. With the help of aspheric lenses this
might be well possible.
BTW. the current Noctilux may have a geometric appertue of f:1.0, but in
reality the light meter reading doesn't change when you switch from f:1,2 to
f:1.0!
Thus, I think might be a good choise to replace the Noctilux and the
Summilux by a really good 1,2/50mm. After all Leica does't do very well economically
and has only limitied production capabilities.

Regards,
Alex

Replies: Reply from "animal" <s.jessurun95@chello.nl> (Re: [Leica] Noctilux to be Discontinued?)
Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@markrabiner.com> (Re: [Leica] Noctilux to be Discontinued?)