Subject: Re: [Leica] Camera Stores in Md, Va, DC with strong Leica representation
From: "Steve LeHuray" <steve@icommag.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 19:20:29 -0400

> Hi All,
>
> Just wanted to know if there are any camera stores in the Annapolis, Balt,
> DC, or Va area that carry a strong selection of used Leica equipment.
>
> Don't know if anyone remembers Hellers in Bethesda (70's - early 80's?), but
> something along those lines, he always had some nice used Leica equipment.
>
> Thanks... Bill

....I am in Annapolis and do not spend much time in camera stores
tire-kicking -- as far as I know Baltimore has no Leica dealer and PENN
Camera in Rockville, MD is a Leica dealer that occasionally has some used
stuff. When they do the prices are always good. This Saturday is Leica Day
at PENN with the usual discounts and free camera checks. I consider PENN to
be a good and honest dealer and have bought new and used stuff there.

Hellers is no longer in business, that is where I bought my first Leica, a
very beat up black paint M2 and three chrome lenses for $450 in 1985. I
still have the M2 and it works like a charm.

sl