Subject: [Leica] An on topic poem for you....
From: "Jason Vicinanza" <jv@futurafish.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2002 08:05:00 +0100

Hi folks,

I thought you good people might like this. I was watching TV and I saw
an advert for a financial services company here in the UK and it
featured a beautiful poem called 'Photographs'. I wrote to the company
and asked where I could read the poem and to my surprise a few days
later I received a letter directing me to their web site. Anyway I
thought id share the words with you folks.
I didn't post the URL to the site as finding this took a few minutes so
I thought id just paste it into an email.

Enjoy,

Jason
www.futurafish.com

Photographs

Photographs are smiles that last forever
Snowmen that can never melt away
Birthday celebrations caught in amber
Rescued from the vaults of yesterday

Faces that were once more dear than diamonds
Boys who kept you up until the dawn
Houses filled with bicycles and babies
Ghosts who left their shadows on the lawn

Photographs are holes in time's grey curtain
Through them we can peek into the past
Call upon our parents and our children
Pop a cork with members of the cast

There they are, the days of jazz and joy-rides
Snaps of magic moments lit by laughs
If you every find my house on fire
Leave the silver
Save the Photographs