Subject: Re: [Leica] first leica gallery photo upload
From: Jim Hemenway <jim@hemenway.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2002 09:31:47 -0400

Hi Mark:

Before sitting down to "bill paying" this morning I procrastinated by
using some unsharp mask in photoshop on your photo.

http://www.hemenway.com/Mark_oz-arch.jpg

I used amount 75, radius 2.1 and threshold 0.  But I would guess that
folks on the LUG use widely different settings. I usually use an amount
of 200-300 on my 11x14 chromes and around 20-30 on 35mm and 6x6.

If your slide is sharp, then the softness most likely happened in your
scanner.  If you don't have a loupe then it's time to buy one.

The unsharp mask filter in Photoshop is very helpful in this case....
but it isn't very effective with a slide/negative which isn't sharp to
begin with.

Jim - http://www.hemenway.com