Subject: [Leica] 90mm lenses #2
From: PhotoWrite <PhotoWrite@intercomm.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 17:44:10 -0700

New to Leica and LUG (been lurking a bit) and would like to get in on the
shirt tails of Per Claesson's question about 90mm lenses (though he wants
inexpensive and I want perceptions on the new ones).

I too have been in the market for a 90mm lens for my M6TTL, and recently
thought I might go with an older tele-Elmarit, but have scrapped that idea
and gone back to a new (grey-market) Elmarit M or 90mm f/2'cron APO.

I'm aware of the size/weight difference (on paper, not in person) between
these two lenses. I think either of them would be sharp enough as many are
very happy with their f/2.8 Elmarit M (although some say it could be
smaller).

I'm willing to pay the price for the 90mm APO, and surely f/2 would be nice
as I see the M6 as primarily an available light system, but is the size,
weight, and viewfinder obstruction worth it?

I have received some help/comments from posters on Photo.net, but I would
appreciate opinions from the LUG about the size, weight, handling,
viewfinder obstruction, public-perception differences between these two
lenses.

James
PhotoWrite@intercomm.com