Subject: RE: [Leica] Leicas stolen - LUG strikes back!
From: bcaldwell51@earthlink.net
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 08:32:57 -0700

A "ticket" can often be a citation to appear in court for arraignment. In this
age of overcrowded jails it is an alternative to arresting the subject,
booking them into the local jail and having them quickly released. This is
often done in the case of non-violent crimes - and it sounds here like the
woman would have had children going to the local Child Protective Services
agency if she'd been arrested. The citation and the police report are given to
the District Attorney and formal charges, as decided upon by the D.A.'s
office, are presented at the in-court arraignment. At that time, a judge makes
the decision whether or not the person stays out of custody pending the
resolution of the case. If allowed to remain out of custody, the person is
still usually required to go to the local law enforcement agency to be
photographed and fingerprinted.

Of course, I don't know the specific procedures in this jurisdiction.

Bryan