Subject: [Leica] New Leica Photos Online
From: "Jim Laurel" <jplaurel@nwlink.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 22:51:17 -0700

I've finally put a decent workflow in place for archiving and categorizing
my photos.  (If anyone is interested, send me some off-list email)

Now comes the fun of editing the thousands of images waiting in boxes!

This is a small selection from last year's overland run from London to
Bombay.  These photos were taken with a pair of M6 bodies - a .72 and .85
along with Elmarit 21 ASPH, Summilux 35 ASPH, Summicron 50, and Summicron 90
ASPH.  You can't see it in the photos, but it was also raining during the
sandstorm.  The local villagers told us that it was the first rain the Thar
had seen in several years.

Those shots were the beginning of the end for my .72 body, which got filled
with sand and moisture, and creaked and groaned for the rest of the trip,
eventually causing the the meter and slow shutter speeds to give up.
Happily, though, a quick trip to Sherry Krauter and it's back and working
better than new!

http://homepage.mac.com/jplaurel/PhotoAlbum3.html

Cheers - Jim

Replies: Reply from Gerry Walden <gwpics@ntlworld.com> (Re: [Leica] New Leica Photos Online)