Subject: Re: [Leica] PAW -- Criticism or Stroking?
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@markrabiner.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 14:36:27 -0800

Rafael Alday wrote:

> Oh! Please I also want you know my son Juan,
> Criticism is wellcome,
> http://www.photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=947570&size=lg
>
> Rafael

An amazing shot.
Looks like it belongs in that book "Looking at Photographs" by John Szarkowski.

I find that this shot being in the same forum as the color two kids in
front of the fountain shot a little unnerving.

To me THAT shot is not only NOT art. It DOESN'T WANT to be art. It's a
family snapshot. A 4x6 taken out of a pile of 4x6's of ones family. I
don't know those kids. I don't love them. I'm not in their family. Why
am i looking at that picture?

This picture in a way explains it as it shows us what we're aiming out.
Is this kid Mr. Alday's son? I sure don't care. It's almost Weston-like.

Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.markrabiner.com

Replies: Reply from "Rafael Alday" <rafaelalday@yahoo.es> (Re: [Leica] PAW -- Criticism or Stroking?)