Subject: Re: [Leica] PAW -- Criticism or Stroking?
From: George Lottermoser <imagist@concentric.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 18:06:18 -0600

Rafael Aldayrafaelalday@yahoo.es (Rafael Alday)10/31/0212:24 AM

>In respect to PAW subjet heading. Who should write such heading?

If I would have submitted "your" photo, using something like what I'm suggesting, I would have in the subject:
"Rafael PAW-serious portraiture"
That would indicate to the viewer that I'm seeking input and critique from that point of view.

If on the other hand I'd say:
"Rafael PAW-snap portrait"
That would elicit quite a different response.

In the case of your portrait of your son:
I see it as an "outstanding" snapshot portrait.
and
An almost there from the vantage point of serious portrait work.

What sets the two apart? Intention. Tenacity. More effort. (Not professional or nonpro) Probably shooting a roll or two of the same sitting - until you really got what you were after, as apposed to a frame or two because the camera was handy and it looked ok and you think you might have something.

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@markrabiner.com> (Re: [Leica] PAW -- Criticism or Stroking?)