Subject: Re: [Leica] PAW -- Criticism or Stroking?
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@markrabiner.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 17:29:47 -0800

George Lottermoser wrote:

> Rafael Aldayrafaelalday@yahoo.es (Rafael Alday)10/31/0212:24 AM
>
> >In respect to PAW subjet heading. Who should write such heading?
>
> If I would have submitted "your" photo, using something like what I'm suggesting, I would have in the subject:
> "Rafael PAW-serious portraiture"
> That would indicate to the viewer that I'm seeking input and critique from that point of view.
>
> If on the other hand I'd say:
> "Rafael PAW-snap portrait"
> That would elicit quite a different response.
>
><Snip>

IF your serious then you're missing the point. The prime example being
the famous shot of Edward Westons "Neal" who everyone knew was one of
his sons. (I hope i got the name right)

It's not of course "who" you shoot but what your approach to the shot is.

A whole pile of photograhpers have had thier wife as thier only or at
leat main photo subject.

Unless we get into celebrity of course.

Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon USA