Subject: [Leica] PAW: Photographica
From: "Phong" <phong@doan-ltd.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 19:48:16 -0500

Hi,

Twice a year, the Photographic Historical Society of New England hosts a camera
show in the Boston area, where dealers of both antique and contemporary equipment
set up tables to trade and sell for 2 days.   Leica is usually very well represented,
and some times you can get quite a good deal (usually toward the end of the second
day).   It is also a good place to check on Leica related goods, not always easily found
at your neighborhood camera store, such as the Jupiter lenses, or even the Cosina
Voigtlander lenses.  Good education that helps  follow some of the threads on the LUG,
especially when Marc James Small displays his erudition and expertise.  I was there
last Saturday and here are some photos.

This one is my favorite, of someone intensely studying a lens:
http://www.pbase.com/image/6512240
and here's are a couple of  alternates:
1st alternate:  http://www.pbase.com/image/6512242
2nd alternate: http://www.pbase.com/image/6512247

Comments and especially criticisms, even strokes :-)  are welcome
and appreciated.

Other photos from Photographica can be seen at:
http://www.pbase.com/phong/photographica
You may also recognize Sherry Krauter, complete with Leica shirt and bell buckle
in one of the photo.

I missed a shot of a camera buff walking around with a stereo camera he built
himself out of 2 Pentax SLR cameras.

All photos are from a digital Canon with a 50mm 1.4 lens, except the 2nd
alternate, which is from a wide-angle lens borrowed from the
dealer in the photo.

Thanks !

- - Phong

Replies: Reply from "Bill Harting" <wharting@adelphia.net> (Re: [Leica] PAW: Photographica)