Subject: [Leica] Comments on portraits, please
From: "langhans" <langhans@compwrx.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 17:12:15 -0800

It's not family but it's not grab shots of strangers, either.  One of my
favorite students conned me into taking some senior portraits of her.  She
was my faithful TA for a year and I couldn't say no.  Unfortunately, my TA
for this year has found out and I will be taking his portraits soon.  So,
feedback would be appreciated.  All were taken with an R8 or R4 in manual
mode.  I metered on the sunlit background if there was any, then set my Metz
flash for fill at -2 1/3 stops.  The lenses were either a 90/2.8 or an old
Sima 100 soft focus.  Anyone remember that lens from the early 80's?  I
found it the other day in a box and said, lets give it a try.  I didn't get
to scan many of the photos I gave her, as she was excited to get them.  Most
of the Sima ones were from slides I had in my R4 and was just finishing the
roll.  She hasn't seen them yet.

http://168.212.133.189/wwwpages/senior/

Please feel free to pick and critisize.  I won't include a form as had been
suggested, but if you want to return one, that is fine with me.  I am not a
portrait photographer.  Yet is was fun doing these and I would not mind
doing it for some of my favorite students who can't afford a "real"
photographer.

Aram

This message is made of 100% recycled electrons.  No new atoms were
destroyed in making it.

Aram Langhans
Science Teacher, Naches High School
101 W. 5th. St / P. O. Box 159