Subject: Re: Re: [Leica] moon shots?
From: dkhong@pacific.net.sg
Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2002 12:24:09 +0800

> D Khong wrote:
>
> You must use a LUNAR-Six exposure meter for best result.

> LOL! It works best, though, if you take INCIDENT light readings.
>
> However, this practice is very time-consuming, expensive and hazardous
> and, since reflected light readings are generally useless, because of
> the black sky, the "Loony Eleven" rule is usually advocated. This is
> like the time-honored "Sunny Sixteen" rule but is one stop slower. It
> assumes the moon is high in the sky. If it's not, you have to make
> adjustments: the closer it is to the horizon, the less light will reach
> the camera.
>
> Quite an interesting site on lunar photography can be seen at:
> http://www.calphoto.com/moon.htm
>
> Regards,
>
> =====
> Ray

Talking about incident light metering, actually this has already been done and recorded by the astronauts who left some rather large footprints on the moon surface when they walked around lugging their Hasselblads. Unfortunately, the meter reading is now known only to NASA. Well....if anybody knows somebody who knows anybody there, our guesswork should end.

Dan K.