Subject: Re: [Leica] A Deadman 360
From: John Brownlow <lists@johnbrownlow.com>
Date: Fri, 01 Nov 2002 08:30:23 -0500

On 11/1/02 1:22 AM, "Nathan Wajsman" <wajsman@webshuttle.ch> wrote:

> Johnny,
>
> A stupendous effort as your other panoramas. Even though I could not
> even think of doing something like that, and even though I still miss
> your Human Traffic work, I enjoy these very much.

Thanks, Nathan. On a few occasions I've tried taking out a Leica as well as
the pano gear and my monochrome street stuff seems so pale in comparison...
Like Andrew says, once you start doing these it's hard to go back.

> What are the events you refer to as having "calmed down"? And who is Ed
> Mirvish, and why is his birthday party threatening?

The movie I wrote about Sylvia Plath and Ted Hughes has just started
shooting in England, so the pressure is now off me and onto the director.

See

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20021030/ap_wo_en_po/brita
in_people_paltrow_2

And

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/021030/168/2kdl8.html

As for 'Honest' Ed Mirvish, he's an octagenarian store owner (owner of
Honest Ed's, naturally) and the uncrowned king of Toronto. Everyone should
go to his birthday party at least once. I wrote a bit about him on my site
here:

    http://www.pinkheadedbug.com/portfolios/mirvish/index.html

This is LAST year's party, which was actually better.

- --
Johnny Deadman

http://www.pinkheadedbug.com