Subject: Re: [Leica] Aussie bits and pieces.
From: corbeau@hekizan.com
Date: Fri, 01 Nov 2002 15:11:41 -0800

Hi Rob,

I'm not 10% of the photographer you are but here my reaction.  Maybe you
can take it as the 'know-nothing guy on the street opinion'...;->

I was pretty ambivalent about the first 6.  Frankly, this is your own
fault.  The reason being, your portraits are just too damn good!  I was
expecting something as instantly visually arresting as your people
shots.  The seventh (the window) held me for a bit because I can't help
myself with graphic/geometric stuff.  The final shot of the padlock, I've
gone back to several times over the course of the day.

I know I'm wringing a quart out of a damp towel but the shape of the
padlock as a big "Y" draws me in as a geometric device then as a
representation of "Yes".  However, the fact that the "Yes" is also the very
object keeping me outside the damn door makes me frustrated and more
curious about the other side.  I really dig it.

BTW, if you weren't in Aus, I pay your rate plus a supply of you favorite
beverage for a commission of my kids.  I've shelled out some pretty serious
dough over the last few years for 'environmental portraits' and the results
are floormats compared to yours (except for the fact that my kids are in them).

Best,

C.