Subject: Re: [Leica] OT Neopan 1600 developers
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@markrabiner.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Nov 2002 06:07:54 -0800

Ernest Nitka wrote:

> OT question - for those using Neopan 1600 :
>
> - Do you use it at 1600 or do you tend to downspeed it?
>
> -What developer do you use and at what EI are you shooting the film
>
> thanks in advance
>
> ernie nitka
>
> --

I get full speed out of the 1600 AT 1600. Full shadow detail.

In Xtol 1:3 70 degrees for 12 minutes in a metal tank i agitate once per minute.
(I put all that stuff in there so you can adjust my time to the way you
work: if you are a 68 degrees you'd need perhaps another minutes)

I've also used it in the past with other develpers and all gave me full
film speed.

Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.markrabiner.com