Subject: Re: [Leica] got a Komura teleconverter for Leica M
From: Dr.Alexander.Kraus@gmx.de
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2002 17:34:47 +0100 (MET)

Logan,
I also own one of these. I really hate to say it, but this thing sucks! :-(
I initially used it with a Tele-Elmarit 2,8/90mm. Even stopped down the pics
showed severy loss of detail (it was just unsharp to be precise) outside a
circle of approx. 6mm.
I then experimented a little bit with the thing by altering the position of
the optics. They are screwed in and fixed with a counter-screw. I was able to
somewhat optimize the performance, but it still was not really satisfactory.
However, when I then checked the performance with the Tele-Elmar 135mm, it
was much worse than with the 90mm! I optimized it again for the 135mm and now
it became bad for the 90mm.
Bottomline: This thing works only "good" for one focal length :-(
If possible, I would really urge you to return this piece of crap. Its not
worth the money no matter how cheap it may have been.
Sorry for submitting such bad news,
Alex