Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica wall calendars
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Fri, 08 Nov 2002 16:39:18 -0500

At 12:10 PM 11/8/02 -0800, you wrote:
>Tina.....
>
>Any chance you can give us (or at least me) some details on how you produce
>this calendar... and of course.... is there anywhere on the web where we (or
>at least me) can see one?
>
>You have such a body of great stuff.... I would be curious to see which
>shots where selected for the calendar!
>
>Thanks
>
>Jim

Jim -

The one I do for the Presbytery is a template that I set up.  It only has
one photo that I have selected as the theme for Dimes for Hunger that
year.  The same photo appears on brochures and labels for a jar that each
family puts on their table to collect money.  Each day on the calendar has
a statistic and suggestion for a family to follow; for example:  "In
Honduras, a village will average only two sources of water for 6,000
people. Heifer Project helps villages with clean water projects.  Give 25
cents for every faucet in your house."  This year the photo was of a little
girl sitting on a dirt floor, holding a bowl up to be filled.  I put the
file on a CD and send it to a printer who prints 18 x 24 calendars for
people to stick up on their refrigerator.

My photos have also been used in the Unicef calendars for the past 5 or 6
years.

Thanks for your interest!

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP