Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Lenswork Magazine
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Fri, 08 Nov 2002 21:10:05 -0500

At 04:50 PM 11/8/02 -0500, you wrote:
>   Surely it can't be as simple as
>zeroing in on your subject, I am sure Dorothea Lange meant something more
>profound than that. How does one fuse this with CB's "decisive moment" for
>example?
>
>Dante

I think Dorothea meant a "point of departure" as a reason to
photograph.  Her photography has been criticized as being propaganda for
the Farm Security Administration, but she took the photographs with the
purpose of making a difference.  She had a purpose in mind before she took
the photographs.

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
http://www.tinamanley.com