Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Lenswork Magazine
From: Steven Alexander <alexpix@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sat, 09 Nov 2002 09:06:14 -0500

> I think Dorothea meant a "point of departure" as a reason to
> photograph.  Her photography has been criticized as being propaganda for
> the Farm Security Administration, but she took the photographs with the
> purpose of making a difference.  She had a purpose in mind before she took
> the photographs.
>
> Tina

I would hope we all have a purpose in mind before we take a photograph.  The
purpose may widely vary, it's pretty, it's a family event or in a social
documentarian's vision a defining of the moment.  Photography is not a
mindless endeavor...we think artistically, technically, and hopefully with
reason before adding to the coffers of Kodak, Fuji et al by depressing our
Leica softies.

Happy snaps,
Steven Alexander

Replies: Reply from Dan C <leicaman@sympatico.ca> (RE: [Leica] Re: Lenswork Magazine)