Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Lenswork Magazine
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2002 19:24:29 -0500

At 06:22 PM 11/10/02 -0500, you wrote:

>Many documentary photographers deliberately do not do much research and turn
>up on location without a shotlist so they can, in their eyes, be true to
>what they find.
>
>--
>Johnny Deadman

Johnny -

How about those who cover the same story for many years?  You may start out
with a very objective view, but change as you are exposed to the reality of
the story.  I've been photographing Central America for 15 years.  I knew
absolutely nothing the first year I went, but have developed definite
opinions based on my experience.  Should I ignore those opinions or reflect
them in my photographs?

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
http://www.tinamanley.com