Subject: Re: [Leica] OT Neopan 1600 developers
From: "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 20:54:03 -0500

This has been an interesting thread.  I shoot Neopan 1600 at 1600 using both
M's and SL's using the meter to pick a middle gray or choosing a tone I want
to be whatever and adjusting up or down to deliver the tone.  I find that
the relatively thin negatives print best and that there is an amazing amount
of detail hiding down in the toe.  To the good the thin negatives also
display the least amount of grain.

I find that  Neopan 1600 doesn't respond well to overexposure at all, going
a little muddy and getting nearly as grainy as the faux 3200 speed films.  I
think that the next time the LUG meets somewhere some of us should bring
negatives and the end prints so that we can see for ourselves what is going
on.

Don
dorysrus@mindspirng.com

Replies: Reply from Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch> (Re: [Leica] OT Neopan 1600 developers)