Subject: Re: [Leica] A Weekend in the Sierras
From: Carl Pultz <cpultz@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 18:27:01 -0500

Martin wrote:

Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 21:20:04 -0800
From: Martin Howard <mvhoward@mac.com>
wrote:

 > Here is a short gallery of the trip.
 >
 > http://heninger.org/gallery/sierra

A great eye for detail and a great eye for B&W photography, I'd say!
Many of the still-lifes are very contemplative -- almost like large
format photography. But my favorite has got to be the blonde boy
sitting by the barrel. Great shot.
M.

Of the still-lifes, I like the doorknob shot the best, by far, Wade. What a
print that'll make!

The other detail photos are interesting ideas, but I keep wishing there was
just a little more of the object or context shown, like the typewriter, or
the church, where I'd trade most of the wall on the right for more of that
fantastic porch ceiling. Sure like the approach, though, and the B&W
technique is lovely.

CP