Subject: Re: [Leica] OT Neopan 1600 developers
From: Adam Bridge <abridge@mac.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 08:25:18 -0800

On 11/14/02 Nathan Wajsman  wrote:

>Actually, I do not think the negatives are underdeveloped. On the
>contrary, they may be slightly overdeveloped, since as you mention, they
>are properly exposed (there is shadow detail where I want it) but the
>highlights are too dense. I used the 13.5 minutes someone mentioned as a
>starting point but reduced is to 13 minutes since I use a Jobo. Next
>time I will try even less time, 12.5 or even 12 minutes. In general, I
>find that I need to reduce the times given in the film data sheets to
>compensate for the continuous agitation. For example, my time for Delta
>100 is 15 minutes, and for Fuji Acros 13.5 to 14 minutes, both in XTOL
>1+3 at 20C. Both of these times are shorter than what the data sheets
>suggest.

Are you using a pre-soak? I note that the JOBO site says their times were
derived without a pre-soak, but someone, I think on here, said they always use a
pre-soak because it helps buffer the effects of the continuous agitation.

Best regards,

Adam Bridge

Replies: Reply from Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch> (Re: [Leica] OT Neopan 1600 developers)
Reply from Rolfe Tessem <rolfe@ldp.com> (Re: [Leica] OT Neopan 1600 developers)