Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica users don't like change
From: "Ted Bayer" <tedbayer@charter.net>
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2002 12:57:48 -0800

I agree, B.D. - and that's why I moved up from a 1959 M3 to a 1988 M6.  I
wanted the benefit of the in-camera meter (which I had used in my other
cameras since the late 60's) but didn't feel the AF of the M7 would add that
much additional benefit, at least for me...who shoots only a limited amount
of film during a year.

After all my screwing around trying to decide whether I should move on to a
more modern camera system ( which you and others so graciously help me work
through with well thought out suggestions based on experience) or even ditch
film and go digital ( about which others also gave me their best
suggestions)  I realized that there was no real substitute for the M6 and
the Leica glass (yes, I did consider the Bessa R2 and CV lenses which others
considered a good system to replace the M3).

Ted