Subject: Re: [Leica] Dorothea Lange - revisited
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 12:02:58 -0500

At 10:04 AM 11/18/02 -0400, you wrote:

>the Sears catalogue of 100 years ago was a very important part of the
>American landscape that you could buy practically anything, Autos, guns,
>washing machines, tools, clothing, cameras and even pre-fabricated houses.
>Even into the 1960's -- I remember as a little boy drooling over many of
>things available in the catalogue. Montgomery Ward had an equally impressive
>catalogue.

When I lived in Kentucky, I ordered my chickens from the Sears
catalogue.  We would order 100 chicks at time and when they were 6 weeks
old, kill all of the roosters but two, clean them, pluck them and freeze
them.  The other two roosters had a long happy life and we had fertile eggs.

I spent my time cooking, gardening and taking care of 3 children.  I didn't
even have a Leica or a computer.  It was a different world - only 20 years ago.

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
http://www.tinamanley.com

images available from: