Subject: Re: [Leica] Info on Current SM Lenses
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 18:10:20 +0100

I don't know. I suspect that Leica and/or some dealers overestimated the
demand and got stuck with too many--that is usually what leads to heavy
discounting. The "O" seems to be following a similar track here in
Switzerland at least--all the Leica dealers in Zurich have one in their
display window, and the other day I noticed that the price had fallen by
almost 1000 Swiss Francs compared to when they first came out. I can
understand it, though, since the "O" is nothing but an expensive toy (I
have a difficult time taking it seriously as a camera) and expensive
toys do not sell well in recessionary times.

Nathan

leirex@access4less.net wrote:
> Hello,
>
>   Is the heavy discounting due to sudden lack of interest in other market
> than Japan?  I don't understand why as interest was generated elsewhere too
> according to John.  I wonder if it is more like the same reason as for the
> new "O".
>
> Regards,
> David

- --