Subject: [Leica] Re: Leica Users digest V23 #252
From: Mark Langer <mlanger@ccs.carleton.ca>
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 12:57:34 -0500

I'm with Bob on this.  The Olympus XA family are terrific pocketable cameras.  I've used the Rollei 35SE and the Petri Color 35 Rollei clone
(with improved ergonomics) and while there is much to say on behalf of these two cameras (particularly the metering, and the glass on the
Rollei), the Olympus XA and XA-4 are my cameras of choice in the pocketable category.  I like the rangefinder capability of the XA and the
lens is quite good, if slightly prone to vignetting.  The 28mm f3.5 lens with macro capability on the XA-4 really rocks, and is superior to
the  excellent 35mm f2.8 on the XA, although the XA-4 has even less exposure control than the XA.  Great cameras, and in terms of value for
the money, much better buys than the more expensive Rolleis.

Mark