Subject: RE: [Leica] 1.25 magnifier with 135mm lens
From: Daniel Ridings <daniel.ridings@muspro.uio.no>
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 20:29:36 +0100 (MET)

> when I shoot with a
> longer lens, I want the view through the lens. In fact, I prefer the
> reflex for pretty much anything over 50mm, and see the Leica 90s as fall
> backs for when I need near silence when shooting.
>
> But I am well aware that mine very much a minority opinion - on this
> list ;-)

Nope. I'm exactly the same way. I have a 90mm Summicron that stays home
_all_ the time. I walked by a shop and saw a nice Tele-Elmarit and
considered picking it up, but realized I use the nice Nikkor 85/2.0 when I
need that kind of thing anyway ... so I bought the M2 instead. I hate
changing lenses so now with a M4 and M2 (the M3 is just too much of a pain
to use since it got "fixed", so it is retired) 35 and 50, I'm happy ...
with the F3 for 85/135/200 ... and for those moments I need god's gift to
photographers (AE) ... quite often, actually.

Daniel

Replies: Reply from "Rafael Alday" <rafaelalday@yahoo.es> (Re: [Leica] 1.25 magnifier with 135mm lens)