Subject: Re: [Leica] 1st Wedding assignment --- should I ?
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 07:10:55 -0800

Henry Ting wrote

 > Great advice Ted !!!!!
> While I quietly want to undertake the challenge, but
> your straight talk really wise me up.
> Perhaps I should try to delegate myself as a backup
> photographer.....even that thought cause a lump in my
> throat.<<<<

Henry,
that's your best bet, go as the back-up or the guy doing the fun behind the
scenes casual things, then you don't have any pressure, keeps you involved
and shooting and having fun all at the same time. I mean, we as
photographers are doing this to have fun, Right?

Well any shoot where you're building great pressure on yourself while
shooting, mental stress of doing it right or concerns of failure sure as
heck isn't fun. The simple answer for the first one is, go as the back-up
fun guy and you'll come away with neat photos, a smile on your face, a calm
stomach and sleep well the night of the wedding. :-)

Otherwise you're asking for the wrath of the devil, "the brides mother" if
you screw-up! That me son is not worth receiving, as she'll haunt your
sleepless nights forever. ;-)
ted