Subject: [Leica] Cure for unemployment?
From: Carl Pultz <cpultz@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 19:42:49 -0500

"<<<But, Jesus, people will let you do that AND pay over $1000? Tempting...>>>

Randy wrote:

"That's the part I like. Doing the fun pictures and getting $100 an hour or
so to do it. Plus there's usually great food! Again, it's all in the
perception and how you act."

Yes, I hear you. And whether you think it's below your dignity or not as a
photog. That's the way I felt back then - twit. It also seemed so weird to
be so important, like the wedding was staged for the photos, rather than
the photos being an accessory to the event. Do you ever feel that way?
Probably just a 20 year old's self-important perception.

Maybe I'm old enough now to deal with people well and would be better at
weddings. I'm generally too shy to photograph people, unless the scene is
so chaotic or so "public" that no one can really object. But, I love to
shoot people when I know it's okay - or even expected. Who was it who said,
treat it as a personal assignment working one of the most important days in
a couple's lives? That's a great way to look at it.

Looking at Lea's and Rob's beautiful work really has got me thinking about
the possibilities.

Thanks, Randy.

Carl