Subject: RE: [Leica] Cokin filter systems and Leica R lenses
From: nhcharch@netscape.net (Noel Charchuk)
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 09:50:17 -0500

Lucia, the Cokin system will work on Leica R the same as it works on any SLR system, you use the proper size adapter, the Cokin holder, and the filter of your choice.

If you are asking what the effect of the filters will be on the image, any filter is going to cause some degradation of the image quality, regardless of what lens it is mounted on. However there are times when nothing else will work, for example, using a graduated filter to hold back a bright sky while still getting detail in the foreground.

I have the Cokin system, and have used it on my Leica lenses with no problems, and have been pleased with the results.

Noel Charchuk