Subject: Re: [Leica] M7 and Leica Motor M
From: John Collier <jbcollier@shaw.ca>
Date: Sun, 01 Dec 2002 08:24:15 -0700

Are there any specific shutter speeds where this happens? For all its
many improvements, the M camera is ill suited to a motor or winder.
Especially with the motor/winder linkage added with the M4-2. The
camera can release the motor/winder to advance the camera before the
shutter has completed its cycle. In the mechanical cameras this will
cause uneven exposures similar to when a curtain brake needs adjusting.
It can also cause jamming and damage to the shutter itself. For this
reason NEVER use the winder/motor in continuous with a shutter speed
below 1/50. Whether they have fixed this in the M7 I do not know.
Knowing Leica – viewfinder flare? what viewfinder flare? – I would
suspect not.

Sell your Motor and buy a RapidWinder!

John Collier