Subject: Re: [Leica] OT: flat computer screens
From: "Robert G. Stevens" <robsteve@hfx.andara.com>
Date: Mon, 02 Dec 2002 18:21:39 -0400

Nathan:

The laptop screens are had to do critical work on.  Depending on your angle
to the screen, the gamma changes.  They also only display 16million
colours.  A good laptop will allow you to attach an external display.  The
external display can then be set to a higher colour depth.  It just simpl

I just got a Thinkpad  T20 which allows the external monitor to be set up
as an extension of the desktop.  In other words, you could have your tools,
email program and etc displaying on the LCD,  but drag the image editing
portion of photo shop to the part of the desktop displayed on the
CRT.  This is called dual head and is quite popular these days in graphic
arts, but not that common on laptops.

Regards,

Robert