Subject: Re: [Leica] Reflex vs. RF
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Tue, 03 Dec 2002 22:58:15 +0100

Douglas Herr wrote:
> On Tue, 03 Dec 2002 13:03:25 -0800 Bill Stanke <bstanke@turbonet.com> wrote:
>

>>If you were re-designing the SL, what "modern"
>>features would you ask
>>Leica to build in to the "new" SL?
>>
>>I would like:
>>1) Provision for a motor drive/winder
>>2) Modern batteries
>>3) SBC metering cell instead of CdS cell
>>4) Interchangeable data back
>>5) (User)Interchangeable focusing screens
>>6) Mirror lock-up
>>
>>My $.02.
>>
>>Bill Stanke
>>

> And, obviously, uses all R lenses with the 3rd metering cam.

Agree with the last item. Of the rest, I would consider only #2 really
essential. The meter on my SL is just fine as is, the focusing screen is
so good that I cannot imagine why I would change it, and I have no idea
what I would do with a data back. The mirror lock-up might be handy but
is not essential.

I agree with Doug that the SL in many ways is the nicest SLR there is. I
also have an R8, but the SL is the one that feels like a real Leica.

Nathan

- --
Nathan Wajsman
Herrliberg (ZH), Switzerland