Subject: [Leica] WAS: Re: RF vs. Reflex NOW: Leica service
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Thu, 05 Dec 2002 15:29:36 -0800

Sal DiMarco, Jr wrote in part:

>     Both of you are correct about Nikon's support of the professional, and
> both of you are incorrect about Leica. Leica for many years was at major
> events, like political conventions, and Olympics, however they didn't
> operate on the grand scale as Nikon. Leica would loan out gear and do
> repairs, usually for their regular customers. <<<<

Hi Sal,
Like you I've always had great service and assistance when the chips were
down and I required help with something or other while on assignment or
going on one.

Leica have always been at the Olympics, Winter & Summer where they had new
equipment for testing, loaning and repair services available. They even
shipped a 400 2.8 to Auckland New Zealand from Germany at no charge for me
to use during the 1990 Commonwealth Games, so they do look after the Leica
pros in their midst.

However, they do it quietly and directly, so that's why many folks don't
know they're at the international events other than the pros attending. Not
like Canon and Nikon who use their services as part of the advertising plan
for new buyers.
ted