Subject: Re: [Leica] Seiko?
From: "GeeBee" <graham@geebeespaw.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2002 08:39:47 -0000

From: "Carl Pultz" <cpultz@earthlink.net>
To: <leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Sent: 06 December 2002 01:48
Subject: [Leica] Seiko?

> I found a 135 3.5 LSM lens at a local shop. Made by Seiko, the watch
> people? I think it was single coated, maybe not at all. $75. Add $50 for
an
> adaptor and I'm not sure it world be worth the money. Besides, my M2
> doesn't have a 135 frame.
>
> Been thinking that length would be nice to have, seeing the fabulous work
> GeeBee's is doing with one.
>
> Hey, wait a minute. Graham uses a M2. How does he do that??
>
> Carl
Hi Carl,
My 135mm Elmarit has 'specs' which, as I understand it, somehow optically
adapt the 90mm frame lines on my M2. The 135 frame lines on the M6 are
ignored in favour of the 90mm frame lines which are again adjusted by the
'specs. Hope that helps. Hope also that it's correct, if not it's entirely
possible that someone will point out my error :-)
- --Graham