Subject: Re: [Leica] Is this believable?
From: "Roland Smith" <roland@dnai.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Dec 2002 23:04:27 -0800

Hello Bryan:

If a police officer starts a conversation with me and asks questions, am I
obligated to answer?  I can concede that I might be required to yield my
identity.   But am I obligated to say anything else?

For instance, if an officer pulls me over for no apparent reason according
to my perspective, am I required to answer his question about where I am
coming from or where I am going?

I know of no prohibition about taking pictures in public.  If a cop tries to
bully me about it, what rights do I have?

Since you work in a DA's office, please provide any relevant authority.

I am concerned that with the current political leadership hysteria these
issues will put more good citizens to the test.

Thanks for your previous comments on airport security checks.  Your
comprehensive explanation was most helpful.

Best regards,

Roland Smith
Oakland, California