Subject: Re: [Leica] Camera switch
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Mon, 09 Dec 2002 06:45:24 -0800

Slobodan wrote wisely:

>>> It takes three rolls of film to figure out the calibration of a
> particular camera. After that I don't even want to think what it's, or
> it's not, doing. One's concentration should only be dedicated to the
> composition and the subject.<<<<

Hi Slobodan,
Absolutely!!! Can't agree with you more! "P or auto" is certainly the way to
go once the photographer understands how the metering system works and
trusts his or her camera for exposures after that.

Both the M7 and the R8 are incredible correct exposure setting cameras.
They're so good I don't even think about the exposure unless it's in a very
tough light situation, usually low level, then the only thing I'm concerned
about is the shutter speed and can I hand hold for a successful exposure.

Other than that, my complete concentration is on the subject, usually the
eyes and the action, as I've already determined the light value for the
moment.

And trying to use different camera's at the same time? Like an R8 and an R7
or any other combination of Leica SLR's and you'll lose pictures right away
or screw them up by handling.  R's and M's together work fine, no problem .
But even trying to use two M's of different vintage will get you in trouble,
certainly if one is an M7 and the other isn't.  Trust me, been there, done
it and screwed-up royally . :-)

ted
Ted Grant Photography Limited
www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant