Subject: Re: [Leica] focal distance
From: "Jem Kime" <realcamera@tiscali.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2002 11:28:57 -0000

If you're using a screw Leica then there were several firms that made and
sold focusing screens which allow you to check focus - up to a point.
I have a couple of examples, a Cook and Perkins (who also made them for
Periflex) and one with no name. These screw into the rear of the lens, or
for close up work, onto the rear of an extension tube which can be held,
clamped, on a tripod.
But focusing is still a little awkward without a good magnifier and strong
subject lighting/contrast.
Jem